Kirsten is a photojournalist in New York City.
Publications include: National Geographic, The New York Times, The New York Times Magazine, Bloomberg Businessweek, Time, Harper's, Newsweek, GEO France, Der Spiegel, People and The Washington Post.
She is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Photojournalism at Columbia University and an instructor at the Foundry Photojournalism Workshop.
Please contact her directly for inquiries, prints or image licensing.
- 2016 Getty Grant for Editorial Photography
- 2015 Finalist for National Magazine Award
- 2015 Named Best in Book, Creative Review Photo Annual
- 2014 New York Press Photographer's Association Photographer of the Year
Exhibitions + Speaking engagements:
- 2017 Pop-Up Magazine Presenter, Brooklyn + Austin, USA
- 2017 'Frontera,' National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa
- 2017 39NULL Exhibition, Museion di Bolzano, Italy
- 2016 Projected Artist, Visa Pour L'Image, Perpignan, France
- 2015 Featured Artist, Umbria WorldFest in Foligno, Italy
- 2011 'Ordinary Moment,' Featured Artist, Port of Spain, Trinidad
- 2011 'Border Studies,' Solo Show, The Weslaco Museum, USA